Today, many Utah homeowners are now choosing to furnish their new homes and remodels with a Quartz product countertop. Whether it is for a kitchen, bathroom or laundry room, there are so many great benefits to consider when choosing a Quartz countertop for your home. At Out of the Woods Granite, we provide a wide selection of beautiful and stylish countertops to match and enhance the beauty of your brand new home, remodel or add on!
Some of the benefits Quartz countertops offer for your Utah home include:
- Naturally non porous and scratch resistant surfaces
- Built in, anti microbial protection; naturally inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria, molds and mildew
- The natural beauty of quartz is derived from its multi dimensional, gem like color
- Maintenance free; It literally needs no sealing, finishing or polishing whatsoever
Quartz is a modern countertop material that’s been rising in popularity for the last few years. Its durable composition and wide range of colors, patterns and styles makes it a desirable option for many homeowners looking for a smart yet stylish surface for the kitchen, bathroom or other space. If you’re looking for the perfect quartz variety for your home, let’s take a look at all the color options as well as some suggested uses for quartz.
How is Quartz Made?
Before we dive into the different colors of quartz, let’s address how quartz slabs are made. Quartz slabs are considered “engineered stone,” which means they’re man-made using a combination of natural quartz crystals from the earth and added dyes and pigments. They are not mined from the ground in blocks like marble or granite, for example. Instead, they are engineered by a process that involves extreme pressure and heat to produce a durable, non-porous slab.
Popular Quartz Slab Colors
In general, quartz comes in a wide variety of colors from very light to dark, but most people tend to trend to a handful of popular colors including:
- White. White is the most popular quartz color, with options ranging from pure Absolute White to marble-look veined varieties like Blanco Genova and Calacatta Sueste. Clean, crisp, sleek and modern, white quartz is an excellent choice to pair with virtually any color palette.
- Grey. From the paler Concrete Grey Honed to deep tones like Slate Grey-N, you’ll find plenty of choices when it comes to grey quartz, as well as a multitude of white quartz with grey details, such as Seashell-N’s granite-like style.
- Beige. For a warmer look, ivory, beige and tan hues are another popular quartz color. From the understated cream-colored Apollo to the rich earthiness of Crest, these quartz options pair beautifully with other neutrals, earth tones and many wood finishes.
Where Can Quartz Be Used?
Quartz is a beautiful and practical choice for countertops in the kitchen or bathroom, but it can also be used in other ways throughout the home. Other uses for quartz slab include:
- Bathroom showers– except for steam showers because of the high amount of consistent moisture.
No matter where you choose to use this durable, modern material, quartz is sure to make a visual impact in any area of your home.
If you are interested in or are considering quartz countertops as a possible alternative to granite countertops for your new home or remodel, or would like to get more information about our quartz countertop services, please feel free to call us today to explore all of your different options at (801) 444-9663. We look forward to helping you turn your dreams into a reality!